APPLETREE BUILDING CONTRACTORS LTD (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is APPLETREE BUILDING CONTRACTORS LTD of 37-38 Market Street, Ferryhill, Durham, England, DL17 8JH.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, in the course of us providing legal or other services to you. It also includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, subscribe to email updates, comment on blog posts and articles, participate in social media functions on our site, when you make a complaint and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and other contact details, your occupation and interests, information included in any documents you give to us, details about the services you wish us to provide, financial and credit card information and any other information we collect, use and process in the course of our business such as information provided by our clients (including information relating to employees of our clients). Please note that when you give us personal information about another individual you must ensure that the disclosure of that personal information to us is in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), information you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our offices.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to improve our services;
- to manage our business and our relationship with you and our clients;
- to fulfil our legal, professional and ethical obligations;
- to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our partners, employees or clients);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to contact you (including by telephone, email and other electronic means) about our services and events, and to provide you with legal updates and briefings.
If you no longer wish to receive information on marketing from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, including, but not limited to expert witnesses, courts or tribunals, and other professional advisers. When we do share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us, they are required to act in accordance with our instructions and keep your personal information secure;
- third parties who provide services to us;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If APPLETREE BUILDING CONTRACTORS LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.